Job/Position listing Code
An opportunity has arisen for a Fee Accountant at Prudential. The position reports to the Head of Finance. Preference will be given to appropriately qualified, previously disadvantaged candidates in order to achieve the numerical goals and targets to address Prudential’s EE Plan.
Basic Job Requirements:
- An appropriate tertiary education (preferably commercial qualification) with a good understanding of the debtors/revenue business cycle, as well as an understanding of relevant accounting principles applicable.
- Experience in asset management / financial services industry is preferable.
- MS Office, in particular Excel, and Word.
- Accpac (SAGE 300) experience would be preferable.
- InvestOne experience would be preferable
- Working knowledge of Complete Fee (fee calculation system) would be advantageous.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate issuing of invoices to clients in line with mandates and SLA’s.
- Preparation of client and inter-company invoices.
- Ensuring invoices are issued in terms of the VAT acts applicable to South Africa and Namibia.
- Monthly fee accruals for management accounts.
- Monthly review of debtors’ ageing and overseeing invoice settlement by client.
- Staying abreast of new client mandates and mandate changes for existing clients in relation to fee methodologies, including regular communication with the CRM’s in the business.
- Liaising with clients and resolving client invoice queries in a timely manner.
- Appropriate escalation of issues relating to invoice generation and settlement.
- Implementation and testing of fee methodologies for new clients on Complete Fee (fee calculation system)
- Liaising with the Complete Fee vendor when required.
- Monthly oversight of Assets under Management (AUM) at a client level
- Monthly oversight of Flows at a client level
- Liaising with Auditors in respect of the fee process; AUM and Flows
- Monthly analytical reviews in respect of fees; AUM and Flows at a client level
- Ad hoc reports or projects relating to fees and revenue; AUM and Flows.
- Attention to detail/high accuracy levels
- Strong planning and co-ordinating skills and good time management
- Ability to execute tasks in a timely manner
- Problem-solving skills and able to continuously improve/automate processes
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively, specifically when dealing with client queries and other external parties
- A team player and able to build strong working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Good communication skills, both in oral and written form
- A willingness to continuously learn
- Self-motivated and pro-active in investigating and implementing changes/new requirements
- Able to work independently
We're focused on investment excellence.
Since 1994, we’ve built up an enviable track record for consistently strong investment performance thanks to our single-minded focus on achieving excellence. We’ve also been committed to using the same prudent valuation-based investment philosophy for the past two decades.
Our entire staff of over 150 professionals are firmly aligned behind this focus. Many of our people have stayed with us for many years, testament to our strong culture of ownership and responsibility. We also benefit from a flat management structure and our team approach allows our investment professionals to focus on what they do best - managing clients' savings.