Job/Position listing Code
A vacancy has arisen for a Financial Accountant at Prudential. The position reports to the Head of Finance. Preference will be given to appropriately qualified, previously disadvantaged candidates in order to achieve the numerical goals and targets to address Prudential’s EE Plan.
Basic Job Requirements:
- Financial Services experience is preferred
- Strong knowledge of IFRS
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual financial statements of the parent company and its subsidiaries
- Manage the external audit process and ensure sign-off of the annual financial statements within agreed timelines
- Prepare consolidation submissions on a monthly basis to our Parent Company in London
- Responsible for the preparation of the quarterly and annual SAM reporting for the Life company, including monitoring and communicating capital requirement positions.
- Responsible for the monthly regulatory capital reporting for the management company
- Assist Compliance with any ad-hoc reports required for regulatory visits
- Responsible for the review of the monthly Life company management accounts
- Review of monthly policyholder transactions received from external service providers
- Additional monthly and ad-hoc reporting, including the preparation of board reports
- Ad-hoc accounting projects
- Various tax preparations and submissions (Company Tax, VAT, Dividend Withholding tax etc)
- Review and approval of monthly payments
- Review and approval of journal entries where necessary
- Review and approval of month-end reconciliations
- Review of invoicing to clients
- Strong planning and co-ordinating skills and good time management
- Ability to execute tasks in a timely manner
- Problem-solving skills and able to continuously improve/automate processes
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively, specifically when dealing with client queries and other external parties
- A team player and able to build strong working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Good communication skills, both in oral and written form
- A willingness to continuously learn
- Self-motivated and pro-active in investigating and implementing changes/new requirements
- Able to work independently
We're focused on investment excellence.
Since 1994, we’ve built up an enviable track record for consistently strong investment performance thanks to our single-minded focus on achieving excellence. We’ve also been committed to using the same prudent valuation-based investment philosophy for the past two decades.
Our entire staff of over 150 professionals are firmly aligned behind this focus. Many of our people have stayed with us for many years, testament to our strong culture of ownership and responsibility. We also benefit from a flat management structure and our team approach allows our investment professionals to focus on what they do best - managing clients' savings.