Market and Investor Behaviour Analyst
Market and Investor Behaviour Analyst
Job/Position listing Code
A wonderful opportunity for an energetic and assertive individual, to work in a focused, professional and highly successful team. You will be rewarded for your efforts with a superb support structure, a good brand, sound product offering and a business that rewards excellence.
Preference will be given to appropriately qualified, previously disadvantaged candidates, in accordance with PIMSA’s commitment to Employment Equity.
Basic Job Requirements:
- An appropriate tertiary education (B.Comm / B.Bus.Sc – Finance/Economics) with a good understanding of economics and investments markets
- At least 4 years’ experience in asset management / financial services industry
- Enthusiasm and passion for investments and client services
- An ability to communicate in a lucid and concise manner with colleagues and clients, both in oral and written form
- A team player who relates well to colleagues and clients.
- Advanced – MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience in Morningstar Direct, I Net and Bloomberg
Research and understand the impact of market movements on investor behaviour and investment outcomes. Support the SA & Namibian National, Regional & Namibian retail sales team with intelligence that gives them the upper hand at the coalface.
Management Information, Competitor, Market and Investor research
- Research investor behaviour in response to market movements, life-cycles and investment outcomes.
- Conduct research to support the development of strategic and tactical business development plans aimed at retaining and growing assets under management, including the analysis of:
- Competitors – flows, products, fees, performance, distribution, etc.
- IFAs – internal and external flows
- Clients – behaviour, fund selection, risk tolerance, etc.
- Industry trends – ASISA, LISP and Institutions statistics
- Sales consultants – flows and assets under management relative to business targets
- Translate research findings into clear and concise graphs and/or presentations
- Update spread sheets with performance information and be able to check spread sheets that make use of analytical formulae.
General support to Retail Management, Marketing Team, Client Servicing Team and Business Development Managers
- Delivering to business plans by developing and assisting with the following deliverables to internal and external clients:
- Sales and marketing material
- Internal and external presentations – covering performance, market movement, investor & advisor behaviour, etc.
- Develop and support monthly and quarterly themes and messaging
- Ad-hoc support to Retail Business Team
Project management, Analysis and Subject matter expert
- Driving, analysing and providing input on small projects within the Retail Business Team where changes / upgrades are required
Monthly and quarterly workflow deliverables
- Development and maintenance of standard sales presentations for consultants - this includes updating holdings, performance, asset allocation, offshore holdings and speaker notes
- Fund fact sheets
- Production of monthly/quarterly reports for consultants and their clients as and when required
Working closely with other teams in the business
- Develop strong working relationships at all levels with internal and external parties to enhance organisational effectiveness and efficiency
- Required to actively participate in the organisation’s continuous improvements by identifying and proposing solutions to process and service related failures.
Core Competencies Required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills (friendly and diplomatic nature) and ability to manage conflict well
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to maintain high levels of productivity
- Ability to work well within a team and yet be able to operate independently
- Strong organisational, planning, prioritisation, communication and delivery management skills
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work towards tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and determined
- Excellent work ethic and attitude
- Confident, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- A willingness to continuously learn
We're focused on investment excellence.
Since 1994, we’ve built up an enviable track record for consistently strong investment performance thanks to our single-minded focus on achieving excellence. We’ve also been committed to using the same prudent valuation-based investment philosophy for the past two decades.
Our entire staff of over 150 professionals are firmly aligned behind this focus. Many of our people have stayed with us for many years, testament to our strong culture of ownership and responsibility. We also benefit from a flat management structure and our team approach allows our investment professionals to focus on what they do best - managing clients' savings.